Home / Lupus


Can You Die From Lupus Disease?


According to the Lupus Foundation of America, 85 percent of those diagnosed with this disease can expect to live normal lives. The other 15 percent of individuals suffer from chronic lupus symptoms and other diseases, which contribute to earlier deaths reported in this group. What Is Lupus? Lupus is an …

Read More »

Lupus: Early Signs and Symptoms


Overview Systemic lupus erythematosus–better known as lupus or SLE–is an autoimmune disease affecting the skin, kidneys, lungs, joints and other body organs. The immune system protects the body from infectious agents. To do this, it has a system for recognizing your cells versus foreign material. With autoimmune disease, this recognition …

Read More »

How to Treat a Lupus Headache


Many lupus patients suffer from headaches on a daily basis. These headaches are thought to be caused by abnormalities in the blood vessels that prevent the brain from receiving a continuous flow of blood. The symptoms and severity of a lupus headache can vary from patient to patient, but many …

Read More »

3 Effective Yoga Asanas To Treat Lupus


Did you know that practicing simple yoga asanas can help you overcome Lupus? Well, as incredible as it may sound, it’s true! Read this post and find out about the asanas that might just help you treat Lupus at home. What Is Lupus? Lupus is an inflammatory disorder that usually …

Read More »

8 Effective Home Remedies For Lupus


Lupus is one of the poorly understood diseases in the world. One interesting fact about lupus is that 9 out of 10 people suffering from this disease are women! The disease has a wide range of symptoms, which makes it difficult for the doctors to diagnose it.   Lupus is …

Read More »

How to Treat Lupus Naturally


Lupus is an autoimmune disorder where the body attacks its own connective tissue, or collagen. Symptoms include achy joints, fever, nausea, facial rash, and more. Safer drugs have become available to combat lupus but steroids can cause damage to the liver, eyes and bones. However, there is a natural treatment …

Read More »

Best Vitamins for Lupus


Overview Lupus is a disease that develops when the body accidentally attacks its own tissues and stops protecting it from outside invaders. Tissue damage occurs in the joints, nervous system and other various parts of the body when auto antibodies attack and cause inflammation. Skin outbreaks and rashes known as …

Read More »